Welcome to the Club League On-Line Registration Form.
Please read the following DECLARATION OF AWARENESS.
I am aware and accept:
- I participate in the Swords Cycling Club League Races entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards and that I must ride in a manner that is safe for all others and myself.
- The only function of race stewards/marshals is to indicate direction and that I as a road user must decide whether any intended movement is safe.
- The roads are not closed to other traffic.
- That I am, at all times during the race, bound by the Road Traffic Acts and other laws of the land.
- It will not be possible for race marshals to steward all safety hazards which include but are not limited to; road obstructions and traffic calming measures, such as centre road traffic islands, protruding footpaths and roundabouts. Where possible a race marshal will be in position at the first of a series of centre road traffic islands.
- As time gaps develop during a race it may not be possible for marshals to remain in position for the passage of all individuals/groups.
- It is necessary for race marshals to be allowed overtake. I undertake to co-operate fully in giving way to the marshals in the execution of their duties.
- I have studied the map for each race finish and I am acquainted with the intricacies of each finish and will exercise due caution.
- Each race takes place on roads varying from well surfaced dual carriageways to poorly-surfaced narrow, winding mountain roads.
- I accept that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the race organisation, race sponsors, consultants, Cycling Ireland, or any race official or member of Cycling Ireland in respect of any injury loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the race, however caused.